Join the Melody Blogger Club + Get Free Blogging Tips and Resources Weekly

Girls' room decor

/
0 Comments

While I'm very proud of the neutral colors around my home, a bright palette was very needed in my daughters' room. Since (for now) this room has to be divided between three girls of different ages, my top priority is to maintain a line of design while making this modest space functional but at the same time pleasant to my girls' tastes.


As I said above, this room of the house lacks space, so we don't want to have organizational issues. For this I found wooden crates with wheels at HomeGoods that besides being crazy cute, keep my eldest shoes in order and her favorite magazines at reach. I love the way they simulate drawers!


Over the armoire (also a great HomeGoods finds) I place 3 baskets. These are for the forgotten dolls and stuffed animals, blankets and small shoes (on the back/ not shown). The vintage pink wire basket (HomeGoods) adds character to the top while beautifully displaying what's inside.


Inside the armoire there are more baskets but this time with clothes. I confess I prefer to fold and put away their laundry this way than inside drawers; it is easier to access and love seeing it organized. Since it was black inside, I took some chalk markers to identify each area. These colors really pop adding a whimsy detail inside this girly cabinet.


Although I don't have an specific theme for this room (really, I just started arranging old and new things) my father asked if it was Asian inspired and truly after taking a step back and looking around; between the armoire and the parasol accent, Asian it is!
The quilt (HomeGoods) with the amazing paisley patterns and bright colors was a big hit when my daughter arrived from school and saw her bed. The decorative pillow (HomeGoods) was from one of the girls nursery room and matches so perfectly with the whole design, don't you think? The hanging lanterns (Target) made this area so much fun and was the finishing touch this daybed (Ikea) needed.

Stay tuned because the other side of this room is still a work in progress, so as soon as it's all finished, I'll be posting more photos. Hope you enjoy this little corner of our house and let me know how you resolve organizational issues in small spaces.


You may also like

No comments:

Join the Melody Blogger Club + Get Free Blogging Tips and Resources Weekly