Join the Melody Blogger Club + Get Free Blogging Tips and Resources Weekly

Carved pumpkin

/
2 Comments

Here is my take on the famous Halloween pumpkin. With just some glitter, feathers, small fabric flowers and a couple of butterfly parts, I assemble what I like to call the “Lady Moth-pire” (my version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde but with a vampire twist). You can find all these materials and more at Michaels or your favorite craft store. To see more great ideas on Halloween, take a peek at my Pinterest Halloween board.



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. more details on how its done please! For those of us who aren't as crafty and need directions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm so sorry for this. I did not plan for this to be a tutorial but more of an inspiration photo. I can give you some written guides that might help you with this.
      For this the left side of the pumpkin (the black side), I used chalk paint but before painting it, I did the eye with a cookie cutter. Both the mouth and nose were cut by hand using a carving tool specially for pumpkins.
      As for the butterfly, I bought it a Michaels and cut two different ones in half and paste one over the other. Also for the eye, and after painting the pumpkin, I draw the swirls.
      On the right side I also carved it by hand but maybe you could try tracing a desired design before carving. The black and the white paints on this side are just acrylic paint and the flowers and feathers are glue with a glue gun.

      Hope this helps, if not let me know to see how I can help you out.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Join the Melody Blogger Club + Get Free Blogging Tips and Resources Weekly